Tuesday 13 November 2012

What we wore: Black Tuxedo Jacket at work

Black tuxedo jacket (Zara)
Gold sequin top (New Look)
Black stretchy trousers (TK Maxx)
Lens bag (via Etsy)
Court wedge shoes (Clarks)

This is what I wore to a wedding I photographed a couple of weeks ago. I find it very tricky to decide what to wear at weddings. As much as I would love to rock a dress or a skirt ensemble when I am working, I know that it will inhibit me. Photographing weddings is exhausting. You have to move all the time and sometimes, getting the right angle means you need to do some acrobatics or some  painfully awkward positions. And because I am quite short, when I do group shots, I am usually on top of a step ladder! I kid you not. 

This outfit was just right though. The tuxedo jacket looked smart and because it is velvet, there were no unsightly wrinkles. The sequin top made it look more dressy and these stretchy trousers are oh so comfortable! These were on the sale rack at TK Maxx and at £11, it's such a steal! The shoes, I have to say, are my least favourite items in this outfit. I wore these to work when I was pregnant as they were comfortable and the medium wedge gave me the lift that I needed without compromising my safety. But they are not exactly pretty and thankfully, these only come out when I do formal events such as weddings or christenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment