Tuesday 27 November 2012

Mr W's Birthday Cake

We celebrated Mr Wander's birthday at home yesterday! Over the week-end, WGirl volunteered us to bake a cake for him. Baking is definitely definitely not something I do and yesterday morning, I tried to convince her that we can just buy a cake that we can decorate. Alas, she was adamant that we make it from scratch--I think it was the cracking of the eggs, the mixing and the licking of the bowl that she was after. 

And so I went into the shops and bought some cake mix. Betty Crocker to the rescue! One of my friends lent me a baking tin (I don't own one!) after being amused at getting a panicked text from me. 

Was it a success, one may ask? Well, it looked like a cake, it tasted like cake and it was all eaten up. So yes, I should say so!








4 comments:

  1. Haha! No baking tin?! You make me laugh... She looks very serious in her cake making and decorating. I can speak from many years of cake making as a little girl - it was ALL about licking the spoon/bowl. Glad it was a success and happy birthday to your lovely Mr W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! The bowl licking was indeed taken seriously. :-)

      Delete
  2. Too precious. Send my regards to Mr. Wander. - Dyames

    ReplyDelete