Wednesday 28 November 2012

New In: Festive Knitted Jumpers

I've been on a look-out for festive jumpers. There is a lot of choice out there, from the subtle to the over-the-top. I did not want to go all Mark Darcy but wanted to try something wintery and festive.

(Colin Firth as Mark Darcy, Bridget Jones' Diary)

I was extremely pleased with myself when I popped in one my local charity shops and found these two jumpers. The navy blue fairisle knit jumper is from missguided and the cream turtleneck is from (drumroll please...) Polo Ralph Lauren. Woot-woot! It is 100% wool and is just so chunky--I love it! It had a stain on the inside of the roll neck which a spot of Vanish sorted out and a little bit of piling at the bottom, but all in all, in very good condition! I like the colours as well--they don't scream Christmas out loud but still manage to look merry.

Cream snowflake jumper (Polo Ralph Lauren, £4.99)
Navy cropped fairisle jumper (missguided, £3.50)
*Both from local charity shop

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for the perfect Christmas jumper for a xmas party this weekend! I always think Mr Darcy's xmas jumper at this time of they year too:)

    www.tstyledme.com

    Tien xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tien! This red star jumper at Miss Selfridge is quite cute:

      http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&productId=6129130&langId=-1&categoryId=&parent_category_rn=&searchTerm=13J56LRED&resultCount=1&geoip=home

      If you can splurge, I love this Stella McCartney jumper at Net-a-Porter. It will set you back £695 though--yikes! But look how prettyyyyy!

      http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/337906?cm_mmc=LinkshareUK-_-vSEWmkPcICc-_-Custom-_-LinkBuilder&siteID=vSEWmkPcICc-.Ai65zUqNi.BgxglMPDDIA

      Delete